Thursday, November 25, 2010

November 25 - Inbox

You have seven new voice messages in your mail box.

First message; voice message of today, 2:31 pm - Hey guys, it's me. I'm at work right now. Just got a call from May, and, um, we've got ourselves a contraction. So yeah, I'm heading home now to see what the deal is, and I'll call you again when I get there.

Second message; voice message of today, 2:33 pm - Hi. Me again. May had called while I was on the phone with you guys, and she thinks her water may have "fractured." Not broken, fractured. Her words, by the way. Anyway, she's on her way to the hospital as we speak, and I'm going to be meeting her there. Um, wow. More later.

Third message; voice message of today, 2:42 pm - Hey there. Me again. Just got off the phone with May. The fracture has been upgraded to a break. So, um, yeah . . . OK . . . Um, talk to you later.

Fourth message; voice message of today, 5:27 pm - Quick message here. Finally got to the hospital. Traffic was ridiculous, but everything is fine here. They've got her on the monitoring thing and everything looks good. May's fine, baby's fine. Just, um, kind of waiting to see what's next. Nothing new to report. Just listening to the really weird sci-fi baby heartbeat monitor thing and, um, yeah. Talk to you again soon.

Fifth message; voice message of today, 6:32 pm - In case you were interested, yes, hospital food still sucks.

Sixth message; voice message of today, 7:04 pm - Nothing new here, unless you're related to May's roommate here in the hospital. Based on the volume of her breathing and the groans she's letting out, I'm guessing she's about to give birth to a small bear. Sheesh. Let's just say she's a little bit further along in this whole process than May is. Anyway, they moved her to the delivery room, and why am I telling you this? I have no idea. Anyway, May is still fine. Um, yeah. Talk to you again soon.

Seventh message; voice message of today, 8:43 pm - Hi, me again. Kind of hope you can just skip ahead to this message, but whatever. Anyway, the doctor says May probably won't be going into labor until tomorrow. And unless she's in labor, normal visiting hours apply, so, incredibly, I have to take off. Completely lame, but I'm going to go home and try unsuccessfully to sleep. More updates tomorrow. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment