Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9 - Badass

Call me crazy, but you know what I think would be a pretty cool experience to have under your belt? Having someone point a gun at you.
Wait, hear me out.
I don't have a death wish or anything. And I don't necessarily want to be shot (more on that later). I just think it would be totally badass to have "had a gun pointed at me" under my belt. It's like the ultimate trump card to put any sucker MC in his place: "No kidding? And he just stepped in front of you in line? Yeah, that totally sucks. Wow . . . (shaking my head) I'm just glad he didn't pull a gun on you . . . What? I never told you that story? Yeah, this one time . . . "
There's not much out there that wouldn't get knocked down a peg or two by a story about having a gun pointed at you. Maybe surviving a shark attack. Oh God, that would be fucking bad ass: "And this one (showing off a scar)? This one I got when I was surfing off the Gold Coast of Australia and from out of nowhere came this real dick of a Great White. And suffice it to say he wasn't quite as impressed with my moves as yo mama was, ha ha! Anyway, we tussled, and he helped himself to a little souvenir here . . . Oh hell yeah, it hurt. But you should have seen that Great White when I got through with him."
But I digress. Like I was saying, having someone point a gun at you? The ultimate opportunity to forever cement your credentials as a badass. I like to think I would be the kind of guy that if someone was pointing a gun at me I would say something cold, like, "You gonna shoot that thing? Well, go ahead, bitch. I ain't got all day." or "Yeah, go ahead and pull that trigger. But your momma gonna miss me when I'm gone." or you know, something. That way if he (or she--it could be a woman, why not?) shoots you, you can go out with the satisfaction that everybody will know you went out hard. And if he doesn't shoot you, or if he shoots you and you live? Ass soup, my friend. For the rest of your life.
My only real fear would be if I panicked and started crying and/or begging and pleading for my life. I like to think that I wouldn't go out like that, but you never know, right? I can imagine my heart beating really fast and tears coming to my eyes and then I start saying any and every thing I can that I think will make this person not pull the trigger. "What do you want? I'll give you anything. Take my money, take my credit cards. Please just don't shoot me!" And I'd be hyperventilating the whole time. Probably crying, too. "Please. I'll do anything! I'll suck your dick!" And then he'd be like, What? And knowing my luck he'd probably be a total homophobe, but I wouldn't know if that was the case or if he just didn't hear me. And so there I'd be. Not only would I have a gun pointed at me, but I'd be in a really socially awkward situation. What do I say now? I'm not gay and I don't think I'm homophobic. And I didn't necessarily mean to imply that the person pointing a gun at me would be up for that sort of thing anyway. I just panicked. Should I say that to him now? Would it make any difference? Oh God, why did I have to go and offer a blow job again?
Yeah, that would be the one downside of having someone point a gun at you. Well, that and the possibility of getting shot. But again, if you survived the gunshot with no permanent damage, and if you had a cool scar someplace on your torso, so you could lift your shirt at the bar and show everybody and tell them the story? Dude, seriously. Good luck going home alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment