Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1 - Asparagus

One of my favorite things to do is wait until I'm really, really tired and then cook up a whole bunch of asparagus and eat it all along with a big glass of water right before I go to sleep. Then, if I'm lucky, I'll wake up the next morning having forgotten all about it. And when I go into the bathroom for my first pee of the day, I'll be like, Whoa, dude! What the hell is that? You know, because of the smell and everything? By the time I'm done peeing, I'll usually remember the previous night's asparagus binge, and then I'll kind of chuckle at how freaked out I'd gotten.
It's so awesome! I go from relaxed to disgusted/panicked to relieved--all within, like, maybe a minute. Any day that starts with that kind of emotional roller coaster is bound to be a good one.
I'm always trying to get my friends and co-workers with the same trick, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to get them to eat a big plate of asparagus right before they go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. when i saw the title of this, i was like, "please let it be about how your pee smells when you eat asparagus." and it was, so i was very happy. and i think it's a totally weird, but cool phenomenon!!

    ReplyDelete