Monday, January 11, 2010

January 18 - Alternate POV

"Really? That's what you've got for me? What you told me was true from a certain point of view?"
"Well--"
"Seriously?"
"I--"
"God, you're incredible. You know what would have been clearer than 'from a certain point of view'? No? Don't know? Fucking anything. Seriously, man. Anything else you could have said would have been better than your 'certain point of view' bullshit. With the intergalactic shit storm we have raging around us, how the hell do you not just tell me what happened?"
"It was very complicated. I--"
"No, Ben. No. Not complicated. My father went bad. Went a little bit power crazy. Lost his shit when mom died and then he turned bad."
"Luke, you have to understand my position in this."
"OK, I'm listening."
----
"Yeah, that's what I thought. Darth Vader did not 'kill my father.' He was my father. People have bad fathers. It happens. Just freaking tell me that next time. I mean, do you have any idea how much of an asshole I felt like when he finally connected the dots for me? He was like, I am your father. And what did I do? I said, Noooo, that's impossible. Actually, that's not completely true. I moaned it, I whined it. God, I must have sounded like such a dick. Noooo! I always told myself I would never go the Noooo! route, but then when I had the chance I jumped all over that shit."
"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself."
Luke ignored him. "And speaking of not being afraid to tell me shit, um, Leia? Dude, you knew she was my sister. Why not fucking tell me that from the get-go? Don't laugh, that shit's disgusting. We totally kissed. Dude, I dug my sister. I wanted to kill my father. That's some fucked up Oedipal shit. You know, this sounds terrible to say, but I'm actually glad our mom died in childbirth. I heard she was hot. You probably would've figured out some way for us to be all cougar and cub together."
"Sorry. Cougar and cub?"
"Yeah, I don't know either. It sounded right when I said it."
"Oh."
"Anyway."
"Yeah, anyway."
"Is there anything else?"
"Anything?--Oh, well. There is just one more thing."
"Oh God. What?"
"You're not going to like it."
"Whatever. Just tell me."
"Yoda totally had a crush on you."
"Shut up."
"Seriously."
"Really."
"No, I'm just messing with you."
"Good one."
Ben did his best Yoda. "Play with your other light saber, I desire."
Luke joined in. "Mmm, hung like a wookie you are."
And they both laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment