Monday, January 11, 2010

January 17 - Teen Vamp

"All I'm saying is I wish you would've been a little clearer about what you meant by 'this age forever'."
"I still don't get what I did wrong."
"This," she said, pointing to the pimple that stuck out prominently from her chin like a mermaid on the front of a clipper ship. "I pop this every morning before I go to sleep and then the next night when I get up it's back again. If I'd known I was going to have to go through the rest of, like, eternity with a zit on my chin, I would've made you wait for, oh, I don't now, a few fucking days before you bit me so it could clear up? You know, so I could have a smooth complexion forever? But no. Why would you say anything? Nope, best to just fucking bite me and then fill me in on the details later."
"I think it's kind of cute."
"God, you're such a fucking asshole."
"Makes you look young."
"Fuck you."
"Come on, it's not that bad. Just put a little foundation on it, you'll be fine. Besides, it's not like people are ever going to get a good look at you."
She gave him a look that said, and?
"Because we only go out in the dark?"
"Whatever."
And she left it there for a while.
"Oh and by the way, thanks also for the heads up about my hair."
"Your hair," he started, not getting it.
"I got it cut the day you bit me?"
"Yeah, I thought it looked good."
"God, you're such a guy."
"What?"
"You should've waited at least a couple of weeks so I could grow into it. Have you ever, you know, actually talked to a girl about her hair?"
He didn't answer.
"Never mind, it doesn't matter."
"Seriously, I like your hair. Really. I thought you cut it that day because you knew I was going to bite you that night."
"Um, I didn't know you were going to bite me that night."
He smiled and rolled his eyes. "OK."
"Whatever, I didn't. OK, I thought maybe that night would be the night, but Jesus, I didn't, like, get my hair cut especially for our 'special night together.' It's not like it was the prom or something."
"Well still, I think it looks good."
"Great. Really happy for you. Actually, I hope you do like it because you're gonna be stuck looking at it for the rest of your life."
"That's cool."
"That's cool," she repeated mockingly.
"Anything else?"
"What?"
"Anything else. So far we've got the zit and the hair. Is there anything else?"
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah, why not? Let's get it all out once and for all."
"You are such an asshole sometimes."
"No, I'm serious. I want to know."
"Why? It's no like there's anything you can do about it, is there?" Her question was 90% accusative and 10% hopeful.
"Well, no. But still. You can tell me."
"Well, since you asked, I'm not exactly crazy about this," she said pinching her belly.
"Oh, come on. Now I know you're messing with me."
"Actually, I'm not. You could have given me, like, a couple of weeks to tone up a little. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm glad you bit me. I really am. But I just wish I could've had a little more time to get ready. It's like being your high school yearbook picture for, like, the rest of forever. All I'm saying is, if you ever bite another girl give her more time to get herself ready."
"Don't worry, I will."
"What?"
"Nothing."

1 comment:

  1. omg, this is hilarious and AMAZING!! i love it!! it's really funny how well you write the voice of a teenage girl!
    miranda

    ReplyDelete