Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30 - Cake

You know what job I think would be easy? Conductor.
Orchestra conductor, that is. Not train conductor, although I bet being a train conductor would be a cake walk, too.
You notice I said it would be a cake walk, right? Usually people just use that in the negative like, It ain't gonna be a cake walk. But in the case of train conductor? I think it would totally be a cake walk. All you do is walk up and down the aisles, punching everyone's tickets.
No training necessary. Just give me the ticket puncher and I'll be ready.
Oh please, like anyone has a freaking clue what it means when you punch one section of the ticket instead of another anyway. People would just hand you their ticket and you'd be all click, click, click, and then move on to the next sucker. As a bonus, I'll bet if you were nice to the engineer he would let you blow the whistle sometimes.
And that shit would never get old.
But anyway, orchestra conductor. Seriously, unless I'm missing something (doubtful) there's nothing to it. Just get yourself a tuxedo with tails, an orchestra, and some sort of wand. And now, wave said wand around to the rhythm of the music.
Congratulations! You're a conductor. Here's a whole lot of money! Wasn't that easy?
OK, in fairness, there might be a little more to it than that. For instance, there are probably some serious prima donnas in an orchestra (I'm looking at you, oboe section), so you'd want to make an effort to make everyone feel included and important. But other than that, whatever. And don't talk to me about rehearsal either. As long as everyone else practiced (likely) you'd be home free. All you'd have to do is wave that wand to the music, flip your hair around dramatically, bow graciously when it's all over, and count your money.
And then tap crazy ass afterwards in the green room.
That's a cake walk I'd go on any day of the week, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment