Monday, February 8, 2010

February 9 - A Nasty Case

VD?
Thanks, but no thanks. I've played that game before and believe me, I do not want to go there again.
Shit just messes with you, man. Every time you think you're in the clear with it, BAM! There it is again: VD!
It screws up everything, especially when you have to deal with it early in a relationship. Everything seems cool, you're digging each other, the relationship is progressing naturally, and then all of a sudden?
Bingo.
VD.
God, it sucks.
And you'd think it would get easier to deal with the longer you're with someone, because you've dealt with it before and it totally shouldn't be that big of a deal. But that's not the case, of course it's not. Actually, if anything, VD becomes more complicated the longer you've been with someone. Which I guess makes sense, but still.
One semi-cool thing about living in Japan, though, is that somehow it was decided by whoever decides these things that taking care of VD would be the woman's responsibility. And I'm all for gender equality and shit, but you know what I say to that?
Fine with me.
But who are we kidding? Guys still have to deal with it. Everybody does. And no matter how much money you spend, no matter how hard you try, no matter what innovative tricks you come up with for fighting it, there's no way to get rid of VD. I freaking hate that shit.
What's that? Oh, Valentine's Day.
Why? What did you think I was talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment