Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 12 - What's Wrong?

What's wrong?
Nothing.
Really? Because you seem upset.
No.
It's OK. You can tell me.
Really. Nothing's wrong.
Come on. Don't be that way.
Seriously, I'm fine.
OK . . .
Really.
You promise?
Yes. I promise.
. . .
It's just that it seems like something is bothering you.
Well, it's not.
Hmm . . .
I might be a little bit tired, but besides that everything is fine.
If you say so.
I do.
What?
I do . . . Say so. I say so.
?
You said if I say so and I said I do.
Do what?
Nothing. Never mind.
No, come on. Tell me.
OK. I said everything was fine. You said if you say so. And I said I do. Like I do say so. That's all.
OK, now I'm sure something's wrong.
Jesus, nothing is wrong.
You don't have to get all pissy about it.
I'm not being pissy.
Don't yell at me.
I'm not yelling!
Because I'm right here.
I'm not yelling at you and I'm not being pissy. OK?
OK, you're right. You're not being pissy or raising your voice at all. My bad.
I'm really not.
OK. And you're not being defensive either.
Oh my God! There's literally nothing I can say at this point.
No, you're right. I'm wrong. As usual. Forgive me for getting it all wrong yet again. Nothing's wrong at all. You're not being pissy. You're not raising your voice. And you're not being defensive. It's just me and my stupid overdramatic imagination getting all carried away once again. I'm so sorry.
. . .
Asshole.

1 comment: