Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 28 - Blinded

"Play it again."
He did.
"God, I don't know. He's either saying, 'wound up like a douche' or 'wrapped up like a douche.'"
"That's what I'm hearing, too, but what does that mean? I mean, how do you wrap up someone like a douche?"
"Dude, how do you not?"
"No, seriously. 'Wrapped up like a douche.' I don't--that doesn't make any sense."
"End up like a douche?"
"Maybe. That would kind of make sense, but I don't think that's what he says. It's 'something up like a douche,' but I don't think it's 'end up'."
"What about the stuff before it? 'She was blinded by the light. Mm-ed up like a douche, another runner in the night.' 'Messed up like a douche'? I don't know."
"Wasn't there a TV movie called Blinded by the Light?"
"Was it wrapped up like a douche?"
"No, seriously. I'm pretty sure there was a movie called Blinded by the Light, and it was about a cult or someone going, like, Jesus freak or something. I don't know. You don't remember that?"
"Yeah, actually that does kind of ring a bell."
"Right?"
"Some guy gets mind washed by a cult. He starts out like a regular guy, but by the time it's over he ends up like a douche. No, I'm kidding. I kind of remember that, but I think it came out way after the song."
"'Wound up like a douche'? I could see that. Like he was cool at first, but he wound up like a douche. Speaking of which, I've always wondered: How did you wind up like a douche?"
"Like a lot of people, I was born that way."
"'Wrapped up like a douche'? How the hell do you wrap up someone like a douche? What does that even mean? Was that a thing back then? Did people wrap up douches? If so, I guess you could wrap up someone like a douche."
"'Wound up like a douche' makes more sense to me. It's like she was normal and all, but then she was blinded by the light. And because of said blinding, she wound up like a douche."
"Another runner in the night."
"I've seen it happen."
"But when have you ever called a woman a douche? It's always guys who are douches."
"That's true . . . But maybe that's why they wrote the song. Like if a guy wound up like a douche, whatever. But for a girl to wind up like a douche, hey, better write a song."
"So then what was the light?"
"I don't know. I heard someone say it was religion, which would make sense. Some people see the light, but this chick was freaking blinded by the light. You know, like, too much of a good thing. And then she got wrapped up like a douche for God only knows what reason. I've also heard it's about drugs."
"'She was blinded by the light. Wrapped up like a douche another runner in the night.' What's the runner part?"
"Sounds cool, I guess. I don't think it means anything, though."
"'Wound up like a douche?' God, what the hell? It's definitely douche though, right?"
"Gotta be. Nothing else sounds like that."
"I don't know. Play it again."

1 comment:

  1. "Blinded by the light, WOKE UP with a douche in the middle of the night." The "light" is Bud Light, and the douche is that douchebag she woke up with in the middle of the night. Bummer. I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete