Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2 - The Bastard Warriors

You know that song Papa was a Rolling Stone? That song should of been about my dad and the next line should of went "wherever he went he had a woman to bone." That would of made a lot of sense because check it out: On my 18th birthday my present was I found out I had four half brothers about my age all with different moms. I shit you not. My dad--who I'd never met before--was some hardware salesman and because of him I had four half-brothers living around the tri-state area with there moms. I always wondered who my real dad was. Turns out he was a fucking hardware salesman. And by the way, I'm sure him and his buddies made up way better pipe-laying and tool jokes then whatever your thinking of so don't bother.
Anyway, me and my brothers were all five of us born in the same year so we all turned 18 around the same time. And that was are present, all of us finding out about each other. And the really funny thing (weird funny, not ha-ha funny) is that he wasn't even married to any of are moms. He was married to some other woman for a while but they got divorced. I wonder why. Ha ha. Shit, we still don't know how he managed to keep us all a secret from each other and are moms. I guess the man had a gift or something.
Anyway, the weird thing is that we all five of us grew up playing basketball. Different positions no less. How fucked up is that? Five half brothers all grew up separately all playing basketball. We figured out later on that most of us probably even played against each other at various times and didn't even realize it. Isn't that crazy? And the really weird part is are dad didn't ever play basketball, so it's not like it was in are jeans. Not that he was around when any of us were growing up so he could influence us, but still.
Anyway, all through are senior years, none of us got recruited for basketball scholarships but are dad must of had some connections at Franklin Community College because somehow it got arranged that me and my brothers would go there and be the starting five for the Franklin Warriors JV squad in are freshman year. We weren't really sure why are dad got us on that team. Probably it was because he felt guilty about not being around when we were growing up. Who knows? We never saw him very much even after we found out about him. By that time we were like whatever. Anyway, FCC must of went for us all being on the team together because they must of thought it would be a neat gimmick or good publicity for the school or something I guess. Besides, it wasn't like me and my brothers were a whole lot worse then the guys who would of played otherwise. Shit, even are varsity squad wasn't that good. Even still, a lot of people gave us shit because we didn't have very good chemistry. They were like, you guys are brothers! Shouldn't you have some sort of subliminal connection or something? Ha ha.
Alot of other people doubted that we were even half brothers at all and I can understand kind of. I mean it's pretty far fetched if you think about it, you know five half brothers and all. Plus some of us don't even look alike. But we got the blood tests to prove it. Ha ha.
Anyway, like I said we weren't ever to good. We won some games but we lost a whole lot more. We had a good following though, especially for a community college JV team. Some people nicknamed us the Bastard Warriors and other people called us the Warrior Bastards. Most of are moms thought both of those names were pretty disrespectful but we didn't care. We all thought they were both pretty cool. Some people even made up T-shirts that said The Bastard Warriors and had are pictures on it. They gave an extra one to each of us but I lost mine.

2 comments:

  1. The point of all the errors?? Just checking to make sure we're reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of going for that guy's voice, and I pictured him having really poor spelling, the miserable bastard.

    ANdy

    ReplyDelete